Monday 25 February 2013

I swear they "seem" normal

Week 1: 1st date attempt – cocky guy

So boy suggests an 8pm Tuesday date. Sounds good.
Date day. Late afternoon I finally have the chance to put down my work bb and check my personal bb. Many many new messages greet me.
Boy text #1: “hey so u said 5-5:30 might be better for u. If I’m running a bit late I’ll let u know.”
Hmmmmm no. As “I” never said that I’m going assume that he is confusing me with another girl. Two dates in the same night. Well that’s ambitious.
Two hours later he “attempts” to back pedal: “for some reason I think one of ur messages is missing from my phone”.  Well that’s convenient. And highly unlikely. This is then followed by a series of 6 texts over the next 30 minutes.
Boy text point finale: “if I don’t hear back from u soon I’ll assume we’re not going out.”  An ultimatum. Just what every girl wants to hear 3 days after meeting someone. For the record it is Tuesday. I am at work. Working. I don’t always have the time to check my personal bb. Reasonable non? No date.

Week 2: 1st date attempt – clingy guy

This text 4 days after meeting sets the stage: “wow no text for me do I have to text u first everyday”. I understand. I mean, we have known each other for 4 days. We’ve never had a date. Never had a real convo. Shit is getting serious. Obviously I’ve neglected our blossoming relationship. And puhleeez stop asking me for pics. Frankly it’s creeping me out thinking what you are doing with them. A few days later: “I will not continue to text u if really want to get to know me u will start texting me or call me”. Huh. Fair. No date.

So two ultimatums in two weeks. From virtual strangers. Is it me? Am I emotionally unavailable? So here’s the dilemma. If a girl texts too much, she’s needy and men run for the hills real fast. If a girl doesn’t text enough, she’s not interested and doesn’t care. Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment